If you have combination-oily skin, have you ever found a blush that lasts for a at least 8 hours on you despite your skin type? I thought it was far from possible given how all the raves were for a certain blush that lasts a really long time on a lot of girls yet I was ultimately disappointed with it because it was the other way around for me. Even the cute pink Benefit Posie Tint never lasted that long on me either. Anyway, when I first got my hands on Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric 2, I decided to never expect anything awesome as I might end up disappointed again but lo and behold! It has become a favourite in just a couple of weeks. I guess you have an idea how this product fared with me so I won't further blab and go on with the review.
According to Giorgio Armani, this is what this blush is about:
A new color “cosmetic textile” by Giorgio Armani.
Inspired by the finest couture fabrics which delicately dress skin in soft airy veils of color, Blushing Fabric wraps skin in an all over nude color flush.
The new nude blush by Armani.
A new approach to color
Cosmetic textiles become color.
Complexion is magnified with a harmony of vibrant yet sheer hues.
To enhance the natural glow of the skin, 3 soft and delicate translucent shades. A coral to enlighten the skin, a strawberry pink for a fresh and luminous glow and a pale pink for a touch of spring on the cheek bones.
Nude color: the illusion of skin kissed by nature
Blushing fabric is like a colored layer of air formulated with a Microfil™ 3D technology. An ultra sensorial texture to apply on the cheeks and more if affinity… Complexion is radiant and luminous by the presence of lacquers that bring more translucent and intense color.
At the contact of this infusion of nude color, skin becomes light, supple and soft as velvet.
What I like:
- I'll start with the color. 2 is a gorgeous vivid pink shade with the tiniest bit of coral tones to it but less noticeable once on the cheeks as it gives a very natural flush.
- The texture is velvety and glides on very smoothly on the cheeks. It is somewhat reminiscent of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer sans the break outs I get from using it. It's such a pleasure to apply.
- A little goes a long way and I mean it. I only squeeze out a little product from the tube (see swatch below) and that is seriously all I need for both cheeks. I am definitely not pulling your leg.
- It lasts for at least 8 hours on me. Incredible, isn't it? :) You don't think I'm serious? Well, go get yourself one and you'll remember this time that you doubted what I said about its staying power. :D
- It blends easily with the skin. Unlike cheek tints, it does not leave a nasty stain because you were a little slow in blending. This does not necessarily mean, though, that you should be a slow poke. It could still possibly stain if it takes you more than a minute before you blend it out.
- Works as a nice base, too, for powder blushes.
- Even though this has silicone in it, it never caused me to break out nor has it caused any allergic reactions on my skin.
- This has a shelf life of 24 months which is pretty cool for a gel blush.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty products aren't locally available though rumor has it that there is a possibility that this will finally be made available in the Philippines. (I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.)
- It is pricey for Php 1742.87 based on the conversion on the Nordstrom website but provided that you only need very little each day, I doubt that you will use everything up in a whole year even with daily use. Unless you apply it all over your face, it'll take you forever to finally come up with an empty tube.