If you are a frequent liquid foundation user with combination-oily to oily skin, you need to set your liquid foundation to help it last longer. A powder that does that while making your skin almost perfect looking is something that is tempting, if I may say so. The MUFE HD Powder promises to blur out your pores, making your face look as flawless as it can be on camera or videos. I gave in to the temptation when I purchased it and I am now giving it a review.
- The powder is very finely milled so I can imagine how this fills in the pores making the skin appear poreless and flawless.
- Almost translucent and a very light dusting does not change the color of foundation.
- A little goes a long way and heed my advice when I say you only need very little of this product applied with a very light hand.
- The packaging is simple and straight on with no fancy packaging and all the works that makes a product more expensive.
- Talc-free for this who are allergic to talc.
- It gives a matte but not flat look but give it a few minutes to set and your skin then becomes glowing but not obnoxiously glowing.
- Makes the skin feel silky, smooth and velvety to the touch.
- Helps makeup last for hours.
- Locally available at MUFE counters.
- Finely milled as it is, it feels chalky on the hand but not on the face.
- It makes my skin itch.
- Pretty messy as it gets everywhere!
- Do not ever apply too much of this as this will definitely add an unnatural ghastly white cast on pictures. People forget that this is for film and not for flash photography, thus, they tend to over apply it especially on the under eye area and bam! They have white patches under their eyes. I won't blame it on the product because incorrect use of it with unpleasant results isn't entirely the product's fault.
- Pretty expensive for a setting powder. I got the 5mL travel size of this for Php 850 (roughly $20) on eBay.ph and I am more than certain that it costs more in the store.
Will I buy again? No. Simply because I get allergic reactions to it and I prefer pressed powders.