What's up, everyone? I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend despite the rain. I was supposed to be back to regular blogging but I am doing some adjustments for work and sadly, blogging once again took the backseat. Anyway, I finally decided to review one of the products I have been reaching out for almost every single day since I got hold of it. And it's not even makeup - it's a hair product from Davines which is the OI/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion. When I was asked if I wanted to try this product, of course I did my research first, if there is one particular ingredient that I could be allergic with and such. Now, my hair is dry and gets frizzy so when I found out the promises this product offers, I agreed without hesitation to try it.After four months of using this, almost always having bad hair days, I think I have used this enough to make a review.
According to Davines, this product is a refined multi-functional oil for universal use which is the perfect combination of treatment and styling in a single product that provides immediate results.
Multi-functional treatment oil for universal use. for an untangling, anti-frizz and protective effect that reduces drying times, or on dry hair for a shiny and soft finish.
The special formula contains Roucou oil from the Amazon rich in restructuring, growth-stimulating and anti-oxidant properties.
Designed with a focus on sustainability, starting from the formula with Roucou oil from fair trade, this new product carries on Davines’ commitment to environmental protection, a pledge that the Davines / Essential Haircare line has always promoted.
The elegant and highly distinctive packaging is in fact created with low environmental impact. With the participation in the LifeGate Zero Impact project Davines reduces and offsets the carbon dioxide emissions from the manufacturing of the packaging for the whole line, by creating and protecting new forests in Italy and Madagascar.
What I like:
- The first thing I noticed is the smell. It is kinda strong but not unpleasant. The scent somehow reminds me of coconut and pretty musky, which I am honestly not fond of but this surprisingly does not bother me at all. It leaves a nice scent on my hands that lingers for a while.
- This really makes my hair softer, smoother, less frizzy, shiny, and more manageable. And I am not even singing praises just because this was a product sent for review. I am really impressed because I keep touching my hair after application of this potion.
- A little goes a long way. I only need a drop which is enough for my mid-length hair. And the strands of my hair are pretty thick too so for one drop to cover my hair, I can say it does go a long way. And I am only halfway through the small 12mL sample size bottle after 4 months.
- Has a shelf life of 32 months. That's why I decide I don't have to finish the entire sample and use what's left only on special occasions that my hair needs to be tamed.
- Does not make my hair look and feel greasy.
- I think it is locally available.
- In as much as I am delighted by its effects on my hair, I don't think it is long term. I remember skipping using it for about a week and my hair went back to its original state prior to use. Could be that it's a styling product and not a treatment potion.
- It is pretty pricey for $32.64 at Amazon but if you want to style your hair and see your hair transforming right in front of your eyes, I think the price is worth it considering the shelf life and how it could last you through out that period.
|See what's left after 4 months?|
Have you tried this product?
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)