I love lip balms and they are products I cannot leave the house without. I have to have a lip balm with me wherever I go as my lips tend to get dry easily so keeping them moisturized is a must. Although I love tinted ones, I wear non-tinted or regular lip balms before hitting the sack and I alternate between three regular ones at the moment - Mentholatum Lip Ice Lemon, Vaseline Lip Therapy, and Kiehl's Lip Balm 1. Tonight, I am reviewing the one from Kiehl's.
Product Description taken from Kiehl's website:
Protects against the elements and helps relieves chapped or cracked lips. Enriched with Cotton Seed Oil and contains Octinoxate, a mild sunscreen of SPF 4.
1. KAH –tuhn seed OY-il
Cotton seed oil is a pale yellow, odorless liquid expressed from various varieties of cotton. It is widely used in skin care as a formula softener.
Octinoxate, also known as Octylmethoxycinnamate or Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, is a popular chemical sunscreen ingredient. An excellent UVB ray absorber, it helps prevent skin from burning in the sun.
Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips. Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather. Apply liberally to lips and allow an excess of the balm to be absorbed.
Now available in 6 scents: Coconut, Vanilla, Mango, Pear, Cranberry, and Mint
What I like:
- It comes in a tube, thus, making it more hygienic. Not that lip products in jars is a big issue for me. It just makes reapplication easier.
- It can double as a lip gloss as it is glossy on its own.
- It has SPF which is something that is not always present on lip balms.
- When I use this at night, my lips does not dry or crack while I am asleep.
- This tube contains 15mL of product which definitely isn't bad at all.
- Locally available at Kiehl's in Greenbelt. Feel free to let me know if there are other branches.
What I don't like:
- When you're using it as a lip gloss, make sure that you're applying it sparingly as it can get really greasy which is pretty nasty as your lips will look like you just ate something drenched in oil.
- Not as moisturizing as the other lip balms I have tried so it has become my least favorite. Yes, it keeps my lips from getting dry at night but that's just about it.
- It sits on top of the lips which bothers me so I don't wear this during daytime.
- Pretty expensive for a lip balm so I'd rather invest in a nice tinted lip balm. :)
- The scent bothers me. It reminds me so much of virgin coconut oil and I am not a fan of coconuts.
- The hole of the tube is too big so you get way more than what you need if you don't squeeze too carefully.
Overall rating: 2/5 There really isn't anything remarkable or spectacular about this lip balm.
Will I buy again? No. I'm glad I didn't have to purchase this tube for myself; I would've otherwise kicked myself if I did. I'm sticking to Mentholatum for regular lip balms.
Have you tried lip balms from Kiehl's? How do you find 'em?
Happy Monday, everyone!