If there is only one eye makeup that I would use, it'd certainly be mascara. I like how it instantly opens up the eyes, giving a much more awake look, and makes the look a bit more posh. So after having tried out a few, I think I have finally found my HG (Holy Grail) mascara and that is the Kiss Me Heroine Make Impact Frame and Curl Mascara. I guess you know by now that this post will contain mostly raves because of the HG status but then again, there is no perfect product. So here's my review after using it for a few months now.
Product Description taken from the Sasa website:
Kiss Me Heroine Make New Impact Frame & Curl Mascara is the most black and glossy formula ever. It enables even application and no cake is resulted even if multiple layers are applied. Highly resilient styling wax supports and curls up lashes. The special-designed brush soaks a great amount of fiber, making lashes richer. Eye-catching black color performs larger and sharper eyes.
What I like:
- The brush seems complicated at first glance because there are two sides of it. The one that's kinda flat lifts the lashes and adds volume to it. The other one with bristles separates the lashes and lengthens them.
- Waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof. I've worn this mascara for almost 20 hours straight and my lashes still looked pretty much the same as when I freshly applied this mascara. Well, there may have been a few budges here and there but it held the curls well and there was absolutely no raccoon eyes.
- One coat already defines each lash. Two coats make them look thicker and richer and fuller. And my lashes are kinda "thin" (not sparse and not short either but are just simply thin) to begin with.
- The formula is wonderful and does not easily dry. My first tube (which I think already croaked) still isn't dry.
- It looks natural with just one coat but you can build it up if you want more drama to your lashes.
- Does not cause any eye irritation even though it has fibers.
- Such a pain to remove. You can't expect water and soap to take it off. You'll need an eye makeup remover before it finally stops clinging for its life on your lashes. Japanese mascaras are darn good at it, don't you think so too?
- Takes time to get used to using the brush. On the first few applications, I always end up smearing some on my eyelids but after some time, I can apply it even while inside a moving vehicle. Plus it can clump if you apply too much.
- Not locally available and has to be purchased abroad or online. Purchased mine from Adambeauty.com
- Pretty expensive for a mascara at $16 but if you're the type who uses mascara everyday, I think you really won't mind the price at all since you get a bang for your buck with its good quality.
On my lashes and the makeup I wore when I took my niece to the mall earlier today- click on the picture to enlarge and see my eyes better.