Hello guys! It's rare that I would post on a weekday but after being advised by the doctor to stay home and rest for a couple of days (I've been sick for a couple of days now), I decided to update my blog as I didn't want to get bored from resting too much. I've been sleeping pretty much the whole day, getting all the rest I need, and it's becoming pretty tiresome. Going back to today's topic, I decided to post swatches and a little review on each foundation that I have. I don't have tons of foundations so this'll be short and sweet.
|L-R: Kanebo Coffret D'Or Beauty Lasting Liquid UV | RMK Liquid|
Foundation | Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation |
Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup | YSL Matt
Touch Oil-Free Foundation
All the foundations are yellow-toned but the ones with the least yellow in them are RMK Liquid Foundation and Giorgio Armani Face Fabric. They both have peach tones in them but they manage to turn yellow and blend well once on the skin. The most yellow turns out to be YSL Matt Touch followed by Shu Uemura Face Architect, and lastly, Kanebo Coffret D'Or.
As mentioned above, I will be doing a quick, mini review of each to somehow give you an overview based on my experience.
- Kanebo Coffret D'Or Beauty Lasting Liquid UV - Out of the five, this has the thinnest consistency which is almost water-like, thus, making it very easy to spread out. It gives a nice, semi-matte finish that dries down to a natural-looking, almost like second skin finish. For an in-depth review, please check out my post.
- RMK Liquid Foundation - Another liquid foundation from a Japanese brand created by makeup-artist Rumiko. This is fast-becoming an HG liquid foundation for me due to its very nice, natural-looking finish, and its ability to make my face still look fresh even after 12 hours of walking around where sweating was inevitable on a hot, sunny day for a work event. Pretty expensive but nonetheless worth it. Review coming up soon.
- Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation - This used to be my HG foundation but was dethroned by another one. To know my review from last year, please click here. Sadly though, that HG phase was over when I noticed how after having it for half a year, the quality has somewhat deteriorated (and it's not even past its shelf life yet). It was no longer as easy to spread, oxidizes so bad that it turns to an undesirable orange shade after a short period and no longer as nice as it used to be. Really sad.
- YSL Matt Touch Oil-Free Foundation - I owe this product a review which I must include in my to-do list for my blog. The texture is very smooth and airy and applying and gliding it on the skin brings immense pleasure. Hey, don't get me wrong with "immense pleasure" but it really does feel nice on the skin. It mattifies my skin while making it smoother than smooth, making my pores less visible. It lasts a pretty long time too.
- Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup - My latest foundation acquisition. Got it early this month and has been a favorite since then. Really feels like second skin because it barely offers any coverage but it somehow evens out the skin tone keeping it matte for a couple of hours. It is lighter than YSL Matt Touch but they are both in the gel/mousse foundation family. Will also be doing a review soon.