Hello guys! It has been a few days since I have last posted. I have been quite busy and my family went through a sad phase after grumpy (my grandpa) passed away Friday last week and blogging had to take the back seat for a few days. We all miss him and it was a terrible loss (yeah, I lost my second dad) but we know he's happy with my grandma now. But I'm back with a review of my favorite liquid foundation at the moment - Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation. This was part of my Christmas Wishlist for 2010 and I am so happy I was able to grab it. It's what I have been using almost everyday (I sometimes stray) for almost a month now, I think, and I guess its time I give it a review.
What I like:
- Foundation provides light-medium coverage (in my opinion) and it feels light on the skin.
- Texture is smooth and creamy and blends very will with my skin.
- Does not sit on top of the skin and looks natural once blended.
- Finish is amazing! Skin feels softer and smoother and looks naturally flawless.
- Looks very natural and photographs well, does not leave a whitish cast.
- Does not smell weird.
- Staying power is not as superb as Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup and Clarins Truly Matte Foundation but it leaves the skin still looking nice even after it faded a little.
- A pea-sized amount is enough to cover my face and neck.
- Bottle comes with a pump, thus, making it hygienic. It's also a plus that the pump works.
- Did not break me out at all.
- Locally available at Shu Uemura counters.
What I don't like:
- Only contains 27mL of product and this foundation doesn't come in cheap. It's Php2150 at Rustan's and the Shu Uemura counter which makes it expensive for the amount of product you get.
- I wish its staying power is better since it has quite a hefty price tag.
Overall rating: 4.75/5 I don't mind that the staying power isn't as awesome as EL DW or Clarins, I love the finish and how light it feels on the skin.
Will I buy again? Yes! And can I say, "Move over, Estee Lauder!"? Haha!
Tip: To get this at a much lower price, say around 500 bucks less, try to buy this from Duty Free where it costs only $36.