I was in a liquid foundation phase for a few weeks and I have purchased a couple of them and obtained a couple of samples as well, which, I will be reviewing soon. While in that phase, I decided to get a powder foundation I have been lemming for for the longest time which is Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Compact but thanks to the very stocked up Rustan's that we have, it was OOS together with a lot of other products so I settled for what they had at that time which is the Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup. It wasn't what I originally intended to buy but it was at least able to satisfy my lemming for a powder foundation from Chanel. Was I glad I purchased it? Read my review to find out. :) But first, allow me to indulge you guys in a few photos of the product.
It comes with a velvet pouch and a booklet that tells you a lot of things about the product and if I'm not mistaken, you can find translations of the information in different languages. There is a garter that sort of serves as a "lock" so the compact stays inside the pouch.
There is a separate compartment for the brush or perhaps the sponge if in case you like using the brush more.
The fingerprint magnet compact. It is as usual elegant but having fingerprints all over it makes it less elegant than it really is.
Just like the blushes, I like how you can see the shelf life of the product at the back of the compact.
What I like:
- The packaging is very classy and sophisticated. It does not look tacky nor cheap.
- The fact that it has a velvet pouch is comforting enough since you'll be confident that the compact will not break or get scratches if you just put it anywhere inside your bag, mixed with a lot of other things.
- The brush included is really soft and is indeed useful especially if you just want a light dusting of powder on the nose or cheeks. The sponge is also nice and perfect for touch ups.
- This powder is by far the silkiest and most velvety when it comes to texture that I have ever come across with. Beats my beloved Japanese foundations. It blends very well with the skin while making it appear softer and smoother. Provides a porcelain finish with a very nice luminous glow too.
- Although this isn't originally intended for those with oily skin, it has a pretty decent oil control. I was told this is for those with normal-combination skin but I am glad it helps keep oilies at bay for a couple of hours. **It could also be due to my sudden change of skin type which is now dry-combination.**
- It doesn't look chalky nor cakey. It's as if you barely have any powder on your face.
- Provides light-medium coverage which is build-able depending on your preference.
- Did not break me out at all.
- Locally available at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- The compact is a fingerprint and dirt magnet. You have to keep wiping it for it to be clean.
- It has the signature Chanel scent which at first bothers me but I finally got used to it.
- Oxidizes on me just a little bit but it's not that bad. Though I wish it won't do that at all.
- Expensive for Php3100 inclusive of the compact and refill.
Overall rating: 4.5/5 For the hefty price tag, it has to be good.
Will I buy again? Yes! In fact, I purchased a refill for this and I don't think I will be needing to repurchase any time soo. But I would love to try the Mat Lumiere Extreme Variant though.
**The shade I got, Beige Rose Tendre is the second lightest pink-toned shade. I honestly thought I have warm undertones because I have long been using yellow-toned makeup which works for me but since this one also works even though it has pink tones to it, I now think I have neutral undertones. My Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation also has pink tones but blends well with my skin as well. Hmmm. Mom has yellow undertones, Dad has pink, so it's possible that the child (me) has neutral undertones. Does it make sense? Haha! But seriously, I realized that I can pull off both yellow and pink-toned makeup. On most days, I am mostly pink. I get red easily and the vein thingie on the arm thingie got me even more confused. I can see both blue and green. Oh well, this is off-topic so I am stopping now.**
I wore this foundation on my Neutral Eyes FOTD and I just grabbed the picture from that post so you can see how it looks on me.
Have you tried this foundation? What other Chanel foundations can you recommend?
Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps. :P