When I was still in the corporate world, I wear eyeliner every single day. It helps open up and define my eyes and somehow makes me look more awake and sharper. But I do not have steady hands and I always end up having streaks and with the oily lids that I have, no pencil liner can last a long time without managing to make me look like a raccoon. But I was glad that I found this product that does not burn a hole in my pocket but does a great job as well. It's my favorite liquid eyeliner - Fashion 21 Dip Liner in Black. It has been a year since I started using this product (I am on my second or probably third tube now though I haven't used it in a long time) so I guess this is the perfect time to give it a review.
What I like:
- Ease of application. Although my hands are not the steadiest, I can manage to create a fine line on my eyes. It doesn't take a long time for me to be able to do that. Although I see a lot of people tug at their eyelids as they line their eyes, I try not to do that and with this liner, short strokes will do. I have tried the regular form of liquid eyeliner from this brand as well and I really had a hard time using it because of my shaky hands. I don't know how many times I ended up having the product in my eyes. The tip is firm enough and the length is just right to give me enough control over it.
- Staying power. I have mentioned earlier that I have oily lids and it is almost impossible to find a pencil eyeliner that won't smudge on me so I tried using liquid liners instead. This one stays on for hours and I mean hours. I used to work the 9-hour shift and it stays put no matter how hot that day is.
- Easy to remove. Though the staying power is great, it is not difficult to remove. Regular makeup removers, cleansing and/or even facial cleansers do the job in removing this. There is absolutely no need to use cleansing oils just to remove this. Unless of course it is what you really use to remove your makeup.
- Because of the shape of the applicator, it is so easy to create a wing and achieve a cat's eye look.
- Price and availability. I actually forgot how much the exact price is but if I'm not mistaken, it does not cost anything more than Php150. Since this is a local brand, it is widely available on most malls and a few drugstores nationwide.
What I don't like:
- Smells funny
- Even though it lasts for hours, it looks like glue that is flaking at the end of the day.
Overall thoughts: I really like this liner. I have only stopped using this when I started using gel liners. This is perfect for those who wants something that really works without breaking their budget or for those who are just starting with makeup and wants something to practice with.
Will I buy again? Undecided. The only reason why I might not repurchase is that I now prefer gel liners over liquid liners.
Have you tried this product?
Happy Saturday super awesome peeps! :P