Since I'm not getting any younger, I realized that I have to take care of my skin even more. I'm not afraid of getting old or aging, but as much as possible, I'd like to age in a graceful way, with lesser signs of aging. I then bought skin care products from Healthy Options since I've read that most of their skin care products are natural and devoid of harsh chemicals. The first one I have tried is the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Refreshing Cleansing Gel which I really like. I decided to pair it with a moisturizer which really caught my eye - Alba Botanica Rainforest Hydrating Oil Control Moisturizer. It has the 3 words I've been looking for - hydrating oil control. I need something to help keep the oilies at bay without being too drying for my skin and this seemed to be the perfect product for me. I have been using it for almost a month now and yeah, review time!
What I like:
- It is non-oily and non-sticky and is easily absorbed by the skin in just a few seconds.
- Has a pleasant citrus scent that is not overwhelming and is gone a few seconds upon application.
- Does a pretty decent job when it comes to oil control (though not superb) but still keeps my skin feeling hydrated and moisturized. Definitely not drying.
- Has a pump that dispenses just the right amount of product. A little goes a long way too, one pump is enough for my face and neck.
- I like that it is made of natural ingredients and does not have those harsh chemicals.
- Even though it controls oil, my face does not look too matte and dry. It gives a luminous glow and once my face starts to oil up, I get a dewy look instead of looking like an oil slick.
- No allergic reactions, no itchies, no breakouts.
- The shelf life is indicated on the tube so I won't go beyond the 6-month shelf life.
- The company does not test on animals.
- The company supports the Amazon Center for Environmental Education and Research. I don't know exactly what they are about but I'm sure it's something good for the environment.
- Locally available at Healthy Options stores.
What I don't like:
- Kind of expensive for Php619 for 42g which will last only for 6 months. But then if you use it daily, day and night, then you'll use it up in no time.
- No SPF so wearing a sunblock is a must, or at least a foundation with SPF.
Overall rating: 4.5/5 It would've gotten a higher rating only if it had SPF. But then, is there really such a thing as a perfect product?
Will I buy again? Definitely! But it has to wait since I have Alba Botanica Acne Dote Oil Control Lotion to use up after this.
Have you tried this product or any oil control moisturizer?
Happy Wednesday, super awesome peeps! :P