I know I have mentioned before that I now prefer sheer blushes over pigmented ones and that is the reason why I no longer own any NARS or MAC blushes. Yeah, I let go of NARS Deep Throat which used to be a favorite of mine. Since that major preference change, I started to really appreciate the beauty of Japanese brand blushes. I thank Shu Uemura Glow Ons for taking me to that road less travelled as most people prefer pigmented ones. And here is another sheer blush that I have purchased and really liked since then - Kanebo Coffret D'Or Blush in PK-22.
The blush comes with a separate compact and blush refill. But you can do away without the compact since the blush refill case is pretty sturdy on its own.
What I like:
- A very pretty sheer pale baby pink shade with very fine shimmers that give the cheeks an iridescent glow.
- Just like all Japanese makeups, the texture is amazingly smooth and velvety that is neither chalky nor powdery.
- The blush melts on the skin and blends very well with it.
- Even though this blush is sheer, I find that I only need a few swipes to make it show on my skin. It reminds me of Chanel Joues Contraste in Tea Rose wherein I need to give it a few minutes to blend with the skin and the lovely color then shows up on the cheeks in a very sublime way.
- For those with darker skin tone, it can be used as a highlighter.
- Can be used on top of a matte blush if you want to add some glow to it.
- Locally available at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- The compact is without doubt a fingerprint and dirt magnet.
- Only a few shades to choose from.
- The compact is pretty expensive for Php650.
- Pretty expensive for Php1000 for 3.5g of product but for a Japanese brand, it's not as bad as it seems considering how pricey Shu Uemura and Shiseido blushes are.
Overall rating: 4/5 I really like this blush. I can't get enough of how amazing the texture of this blush is and how lovely the shade is. I was lemming for the Giorgio Armani Sheer blush 10 but I think it's because of this blush that my lemming was gone. I would definitely recommend this blush to anyone who likes sheer blushes. If you prefer pigmented blushes, skip this one.
Will I buy again? Yes but I have to wait until I use this up and my other blushes.
Have you tried Kanebo blushes?
Happy rainy and gloomy Monday, super awesome peeps! :P