One of the blushes I have been lemming for over a year now is a gorgeous coral-peach with a touch of pink shade from Burberry Beauty which is the Light Glow Blush in 05 Blossom. I've been wanting to own one for the longest time but have set aside the lemming for other blushes from other brands. Then I became torn between Blossom and one of the more popular shades from the same brand which is 04 Peony as I have been growing a certain fondness for pink blushes lately. But when I was given the chance to try and finally own Blossom, I did not let the chance go so before I digress and start to babble about the time when Blossom and I met for the first time, I will now let you know my thoughts on this blush.
This is what Nordstrom says about Burberry Light Glow Blushes:
Get a bright and radiant finish with warm glowing skin, reminiscent of the freshness of a spring morning.
Formula: This airy micro-powder ensures rich shades. Silicones provide an easy glide.
Benefits: An effortlessly natural fresh complexion and a healthy glow.
Protection: Provides moisturizing benefits.
How to use: Apply Burberry Light Glow on the hollow of your cheek to slim face, or apply it at the top of the cheek to highlight the face.
Includes protective fabric pouch debossed with Burberry check.
What I like:
- I'll start with the packaging. This is by far the classiest and chic packaging I've ever seen in a blush - even beats Guerlain and Chanel by a mile - at least for me. The blush is housed in a gunmetal case with the classic Burberry check design that simply looks sleek. It comes with a velvet pouch with the same check design and a big mirror with a brush for quick touch ups. *Kinabog sina Chanel at Guerlain*
- The moment I opened the blush, I fell in love right away. It was love at first sight, swatch, and try. Blossom is a gorgeous coral-peach shade with a tinge of pink. It has got to be one of the prettiest coral shades I have ever seen. It somehow looks similar to Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful, just a tad prettier.
- The texture is smooth and satiny, completely expected from a high end brand.
- Staying power is pretty decent and lasts for a few hours on my skin. Say 4-5 hours?
- Does not irritate my skin at all, no allergic reactions either.
- Has a shelf life of 3 years which gives me the chance to stray and eventually go back to it.
- For something so sublime, it utterly disappoints me that it oxidizes on me so bad that from a lovely coral-pink on my cheeks (upon application), it turns to a ridiculously repugnant rusty-orange/brown shade. I have never experienced any blush turning that way on me even though most oxidizes on my skin due to my being acidic.
- Burberry Beauty is not locally available so you have to purchase it abroad or have a good soul purchase it for you instead.
- The blush is scented and some may find it a bit overwhelming. Surprisingly, though, my nose can tolerate it.
And this is how it initially looks on me when freshly applied. Give it just a few minutes to turn appalling on me. I have no decent shot wearing this due to the reaction. And pardon the face, I was not wearing any makeup aside from the blush and a tinted lip balm.
Have you tried Burberry blushes? Will you purchase this shade? :)
Have a wonderful week, everyone.