If you have a round face and chubby cheeks like mine, using a bronzer or a contouring powder can help you have more defined features. I, for one, like having those defined cheekbones that I don't really have so when I read good reviews and raves about NARS Laguna, I thought I had to buy one and I did. This review has been on my drafts for a couple of weeks now and it is only now that I decided to post this one. So here is the review.
As usual, it comes with the NARS rubber packaging. This one is larger than the blushes though.
What I like:
- It doesn't turn orange or red on me. It stays true to its color.
- Pigmented and you don't need much product for it to show on your cheeks.
- It has super fine shimmers but are barely visible once on the skin so this is great for contouring.
- Not chalky nor powdery, texture is nice and easy to blend.
- Locally available at NARS counters in Rustan's.
What I don't like:
-Expensive at Php1750 per compact but if you will use it every day, I think price is reasonable since it comes with a huge amount of product that will most likely last you for years.
- My cheeks are dry and this does not last for a long time, perhaps, 2 hours max on me. Whether or not I use a primer, a liquid or powder foundation, it does not last on me which disappointed me big time.
Overall rating: 3/5 Overall, this is a good product which can do the job for you. Apparently, this does not work that much for me due to its poor staying power on my skin. But I like it for contouring. It's just that I do mind having to bring this wherever I go for touch ups if I want to maintain that contoured cheeks all throughout the day.
Will I buy again? I'm on the fence with this one. I have sold this last week and even though I am thinking of repurchasing this in the future, the fact that it doesn't last long on me keeps me from doing that. But knowing myself, I just might.