Today, I am reviewing Lancome Teint Idole Ultra as this has been long overdue. I have been using this in alternately with Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation for more than 2 months now and I think this is the perfect time to review it.
What I like:
- The packaging is sleek and the pump that comes with it is very useful and works really well. It gives you the control that you need when pumping foundation and you get just the right amount of product you want.
- The texture is creamy but not too thick and it is not watery nor runny either.
- Foundation spreads well and it's easy to blend with the skin.
- Gives light-medium coverage so if you want something light on your skin, this certainly fits the bill.
- Does not feel heavy.
- It does not cake.
- Lasts for a few hours on the skin. Even though it does not last as long as it claims it will (14 hours), it still does an amazing job when it comes to staying power. I have combi-oily and sometimes dry-combi skin so I use this when my skin acts up and the oil glands produce more oil than the usual.
- Does not leave a white case on photos.
- Has SPF10. May not be enough but at least it has some protection.
- Shelf life in indicated (which is 12 months).
- Locally available at Lancome counters.
What I don't like:
- The scent is quite strong but it eventually goes away after a while.
- Leaning towards pink tones. Even the lightest shade - 01 - has pink tones in it. (I use 02 Lys Rose).
- Expensive at Php2395 for a 30mL bottle.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? I will if they come up with shades that are either more yellow or neutral.
The expiration date as indicated on the box together with the date it was manufactured.
Have you tried this foundation?
Happy Saturday, super awesome peeps! :P