After my very short love affair with NARS Laguna Bronzer, I was keen on finding a bronzer that will also work in contouring the face but has better staying power too. I found that in NYX Bronzer #1. Read on for the review.
Look at the gorgeous strips of different hues.
What I like:
- The texture of the powder is really nice and soft.
- Blends very well with the skin, not patchy nor powdery.
- There are shimmers but are not obvious once on the skin, thus, making it good for contouring as well.
- Does not look muddy or dirty at all.
- Pigmented and a little goes a long way.
- There is a slight hint of orange in it but it's not something that will really scream "BRONZER!!!" and the brown tone is way stronger than the orange tone.
- Staying power is good and lasts for hours.
- HUGE! Contains 33.61g of product and will definitely last for a long, long, long, long, long time. Unless you break it and decide to throw it in the bin, of course. :)
- Did not break me out at all, no allergic reactions whatsoever.
What I do not like:
- Not locally available.
- Can make you look sunburned if you apply just a little too much.
- Might not show up on darker skin tones.
In between: Those who do not like products made in China may not like that fact that it is made in China. But then, aren't a lot of cosmetics being manufactured in China nowadays? :)
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? I don't think I will need to purchase one in, say, for the next three years or so? This will last me a lifetime. But of course, I'm exaggerating when I say lifetime. And I have a Too Faced bronzer on its way to momma.
What's your favorite bronzer?
Happy Friday, super awesome peeps! TGIF! :P
By the way, I have an ongoing GIVEAWAY. You may want to join it!