They say that oiliness is next to ugliness, that's why using a product that helps mattify the face is important especially when you have really oily skin. Who wants to look like a frying pan or a greasebomb, right? I have tried a few touch up powders that did an amazing job in keeping the oilies at bay on my face - MAC Blot and Prestige Perfectly Matte Translucent Powder. But I have been reading good reviews about another drugstore powder - Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I was kind of hesitant to try it at first because I have tried the Dream Matte Mousse Foundation 6 years ago which turned out to be an epic fail. But then the curious cat in me won over the logical side of me telling me that I don't need another powder because I still have 5 powder foundations, all of which are good as touch up powders because the coverage is light. And I find myself reaching for it almost everyday that I have hit pan and I am more than halfway through the powder. So I decided that it's time to give it its well-deserved review.
First of all, you may notice that there was a typographical error - should have been .com instead of .vom.
What I like:
- The powder is so finely milled and the texture is silky and applies really smoothly.
- Blends well with the skin.
- Keeps my face matte for hours and works just as well as MAC Blot in my case.
- I love that it works very well with Shu Uemura FA.
- Does not have a chalky or powder finish.
- It has a mirror where you can quickly check your self out.
- The shade Cream/Light 4-5 matches my skin tone perfectly.
- Can be used on its own especially if you want something really light or if you don't want to put foundation on.
- Feels very light on the skin which is just right for a pressed powder.
- Did not break me out, no allergic reactions.
- Inexpensive for $6.99 (when I had a fellow blogger and girltalker purchase this when she was in the US. Thanks again.)
What I don't like:
- Not locally available at malls so you have to rely on eBay if you want to purchase this.
- Packaging is quite bulky.
Overall rating: 4.5/5 An inexpensive yet effective product. For the kind of quality you get, you can't beat its price.
Will I buy again? Definitely! Now that I am more than halfway through my first compact, I decided to get a back up which I will be receiving tomorrow. Can I say I love this powder? :)
Have you tried this powder?
Happy Wednesday, super awesome peeps! :P