Most of the BB creams I have tried are from Korean brands and when I heard that some Japanese brands are coming up with their own BB creams, I wanted to give it a try because 1. I love Japanese brands and 2. The quality of Jap makeup is superb. So I went ahead and purchased my first ever Japanese BB cream online - Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream UV.
What I like:
- Creamy but blends easily with the skin.
- It has yellow undertones which suits most Asian skin.
- There are two shades to choose from - Natural Beige and Medium Beige. I got the former as it is the lighter of the two. It matches my skin tone perfectly.
- Coverage is light and can be built up to get medium coverage. It feels like a hybrid of cream and liquid foundation to me. However, it does not fully cover redness and blemishes. It just makes them look lighter and less visible.
- It does not have the usual BB cream scent.
- Provides a finish that is neither matte nor dewy. It's somewhere in between. I like it because once I set it with powder, it won't look too matte and unnatural.
- Staying power is just like that of liquid and cream foundations on me.
- Does not oxidize on me.
- Does not break me out nor cause any allergic reactions.
- Does not feel heavy or greasy.
- Has SPF 41 PA++
- Pretty expensive for $15 or approximately Php 675 for a BB cream but hey, it's a Japanese brand. Plus it contains 50g of product.
- Locally available for Php 960 at Kanebo counters.
What I don't like:
- Oil control isn't great though. I have to touch up after 2-3 hours. But it could very well be due to my skin type. But now that the weather is colder, I do touch ups after 4 hours or so.
- The hole where the product comes out is pretty big so I sometimes end up getting more than what I need.
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Will I buy again? When I run out, I might, since I use this on my no-foundation days. :)
Tip: I was told that dabbing the product using fingertips than spreading it all over the face gives a better finish. I tried it and it looks more natural. Try it too! :)
Have you tried BB creams from Japanese brands?
Happy rainy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)