Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Product Review: Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream UV

Most of the BB creams I have tried are from Korean brands and when I heard that some Japanese brands are coming up with their own BB creams, I wanted to give it a try because 1. I love Japanese brands and 2. The quality of Jap makeup is superb. So I went ahead and purchased my first ever Japanese BB cream online - Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream UV.




What I like:
- Creamy but blends easily with the skin.
- It has yellow undertones which suits most Asian skin.
- There are two shades to choose from - Natural Beige and Medium Beige. I got the former as it is the lighter of the two. It matches my skin tone perfectly.
- Coverage is light and can be built up to get medium coverage. It feels like a hybrid of cream and liquid foundation to me. However, it does not fully cover redness and blemishes. It just makes them look lighter and less visible.
- It does not have the usual BB cream scent.
- Provides a finish that is neither matte nor dewy. It's somewhere in between. I like it because once I set it with powder, it won't look too matte and unnatural.
- Staying power is just like that of liquid and cream foundations on me.
- Does not oxidize on me.
- Does not break me out nor cause any allergic reactions.
- Does not feel heavy or greasy.
- Has SPF 41 PA++
- Pretty expensive for $15 or approximately Php 675 for a BB cream but hey, it's a Japanese brand. Plus it contains 50g of product.
- Locally available for Php 960 at Kanebo counters.

What I don't like:
- Oil control isn't great though. I have to touch up after 2-3 hours. But it could very well be due to my skin type. But now that the weather is colder, I do touch ups after 4 hours or so.
- The hole where the product comes out is pretty big so I sometimes end up getting more than what I need.

Overall rating: 4.5/5

Will I buy again? When I run out, I might, since I use this on my no-foundation days.  :)

Tip: I was told that dabbing the product using fingertips than spreading it all over the face gives a better finish. I tried it and it looks more natural. Try it too! :)


Swatch

On me

Have you tried BB creams from Japanese brands?

Happy rainy Sunday, super awesome peeps! :)

36 comments:

  1. I do love Kanebo products - thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good on you. ANd it's not ashy as most BB creams are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rae Thank you. I agree about it not being ashy like other BB creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't tried any japanese bb creams but i heard bobbi brown's bb cream is amazing pammycakes! let's both get it! LOL! :p

    pammy is a japanese makeup fiend too! x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Japanese BB creams but if I were to, I'd def go w/Kanebo! :) Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sugar sugar You will be able to try a Japanese BB cream, Sugarpaopao. Real soon. ;) Ayaw, gastos. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rainy Days and Lattes Go try it! And I hope you'll like it when you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome review! im actually scared to use bb creams since it broke me out.. but this looks promising lol. ill check it out when i see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Donna ♥ Baby Oh, I hope this doesn't break you out in case you decide to give this a try. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never tried japanese bb cream, actually I was going to get Cezanne bb cream, but I ended bought SANA base n foundation >.<

    this one looks pretty good, but my face was breakout so badly because using bb cream everyday while in sg :((

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks nice! and considering it's from a japanese brand, the price is not bad. =)

    is this available locally?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does look very natural on you. =) If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it? Haven't seen it in eBay.ph yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! I know BB creams usually cater to those who have fair skin, does this version have darker shades ?

    Please comment/follow my blog &
    I'll return the favor. Also, check out my 1st giveaway :)

    www.happykikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jackie I know some Kanebo Freshel products are available locally. Just not sure if this one is. I'll check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @blackshirt13 I got this from www.adambeauty.com. Lotsa nice Japanese products that are fairly priced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jessica-Marie There is a darker shade - Medium Beige. :) Thank you. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Napaisip ako! I think all my BB creams are from Korea, so yeah, never tried this and this looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think you have gorgeous skin whatever you use!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Askmewhats Nikki, you gotta try Japanese BB creams then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the swatch. i think i may consider this product

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've tried shu uemura's bb, it's quite good, fantastic coverage and didn't wash me out or make me look ashen and didn't oxidize on me. oil control was great, i just can't use it everyday because i started to develop black heads at dapat tipirin sa mahal LOL, but i'd try this one thanks for the heads up on adambeauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pammy! Thanks for sharing this. I have tried a BB cream from Kate and I like it. I think Kate is a sister company of Kanebo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never tried any BBC from Japanese brand range, but actually I've been waiting for CECIL MC BEE cosmetic range to be launched in august 2011! yay! that's a famous brand from shibuya 109 (originated in Japan), though my favorite bb cream is Luview whitening bb capsule ^___^ the brand is newly established in 2010. have u tried it yet?

    http://sparkleapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Heli'♥beauties Ooh, I hope you'll like it in case you decide to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Marge Shu has a BB cream too? I thought the UV mousse base is just a primer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Catmare I was choosing between the bb cream from Kate and this one. Yeah, Kate is a drugstore brand of Kanebo that's why the quality is also good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Lina Kim ♥ Oh no, I have't tried it yet. I have a very limited BB cream experience. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, i wanna buy this. I m from M'sia. Do you have any channel to buy and ship it to M'sia?

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi, what mac shade are you? would the freshel bb suit a mac nw25? thannks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. @黛黛 Hello. I am MAC NC25. This could probably suit your skin tone but if you have a Kanebo counter nearby, I strongly recommend you swatch it first before buying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think it's my best bb cream used so far~ as compared to Maybeline and Laneige.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)