Imagine how easier and more hygienic it would be to apply lip glosses without having to dunk the applicators on the tube and apply them as lipsticks instead. Yeah, easier but could be gooey and messy, right? That's what I thought of when I first saw Stila Lip Glaze Sticks on eBay so even if the shades look nice and reviews are mostly positive, I couldn't bring myself to purchase one. But when I saw this being sold online for a really low price, I purchased it without hesitation. The shade I got is Orange just because I was on a coral kick when I got this (though I think I still am).
Why hello, Orange. I hope you won't be like the Annoying Orange on YT. :)
What I like:
- The shade is a very pretty and vibrant red-orange that can go on sheer or be layered to have a brighter pop of color. It instantly brightens the face.
- Glossy but non-sticky which is a huge ++++ for me.
- It has shimmers but are not too visible once on the lips.
- Lasts fairly long too for more than 3 hours.
- Unscented. I was hoping it'd smell just a bit like orange but it's cool.
- You have to sharpen it so I think it is pretty hygienic since the outer layer will be gone once sharpened.
- No allergic reaction.
- Pigmented so it can be worn on its own, which I normally do.
- Inexpensive. I got it for 150 bucks (around $3.50) + shipping.
What I don't like:
- You have to be very careful when putting the cap back on. It smudges if you're not too careful.
- You waste a lot of product when you sharpen it, think 5 uses worth of product.
- It melts when the weather is hot. I tried applying it once when it was pretty humid and the tip broke off and melted.
- I think this will be discontinued or has been discontinued since the last time I saw this on the Stila website, it was on clearance sale, stating that those are what they have of this product left.
- Once the tint and gloss are gone, you're left with glitters on the lips.
- It sometimes feel gritty because of the shimmers though that isn't the case all the time.
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Will I buy again? No. The fact that a lot of product gets wasted just by sharpening it is enough reason for me not to.
On my lips
Have you tried Stila Lip Glaze Sticks?
Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps. Stay safe too. Felt the quake and too many bad things happened in different parts of the world lately. Let's all keep the faith and pray. :)