After being in my monthly Favorites post for two consecutive months, I decided it's time to give this lovely blush a review. Oh, before anything else, I want to greet everyone a "Happy April Fool's Day!" I already greeted my mom and someone and reminded them that it is the 1st of April. I also remembered my belated Happy April Fool's Day post last year (click HERE and HERE to read). Teehee. :P Anyway, on to the review.
The blush is housed in a very princess-y compact made of plastic. Yes, it is made of plastic but it is sturdy and will not break easily.
A very lovely combination of 4 different colors - light pink (which can be used as a highlighter), medium pink, rosy pink, and warm apricot or orange - that gives a luminous color on the cheeks when swirled together.
What I like:
- Gives a subtle flush with a luminous glow on the cheeks. Sheer but build-able.
- Since it has 4 different colors in the pan, you can control the intensity of the color or achieve your desired pink-ness or peach-pink-ness.
- Texture is silky and the powder is finely milled.
- Not too shimmery but gives an iridescent glow as well.
- Has a faint floral scent but my nose does not mind it at all.
- According to other reviews, the brush that comes with it is pretty good at picking up pigments and has soft bristles. Sadly though, I don't have the brush. :(
- Has a pretty decent staying power. 4-5 hours max?
- The packaging is really fancy and princess-y. But not as luxurious as Guerlain's. :)
What I don't like:
- Might not show up as a blush for those with medium-dark skin tones but will most likely work as a highlighter for them. Not a universal shade as how I would describe it.
- Not locally available at malls but thanks to local resellers and pre-orders, you can get hold of this blush.
- Expensive! Just a couple of hundreds cheaper than Chanel and Guerlain, and a little more expensive than Dior if I base it on the reseller's price here.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Although it is a very pretty blush, I just might not repurchase. The other shades are not calling my name and telling me to purchase them. And besides, I love Shu Uemura's blushes better. :)
Have you tried this Jill Stuart blush or other shades?
Happy Friday, super awesome peeps! TGIF! :P