So you think NARS is the only brand that has the guts to name their products in a scandalous way? Nope, there is another brand that does just the same and that is Soap & Glory. They have a moisturizer (if I am not mistaken) called Glow Job. If you have speech defect of some sort or easily get confused with words, you might say it the wrong way, and hopefully not with a man around. Anyway, I only have a lip product and that is the Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Shaping Crayon in Baby Lips Blush. I've only had it for a few days but I think that's enough time to review a lip product that isn't meant to do some sort of treatment on your lips.
What I like:
- A very pretty medium pink shade with a hint of mauve/rose that is glossy.
- Intensity of the color can be built up. You can dot the lippy on your lips and spread it using your pinkie for a more subtle shade of pink or apply it as is for a more intense pink lips.
- It feels mentholated as there is a "stinging" sensation, which I think is how the plumping effect works.
- Staying power is good and lasts for 3-4 hours even after eating or drinking. And leaves a nice pink tint on the lips too.
- Inexpensive at Php 275 on eBay.ph
What I don't like:
- The scent really bothers me. It smells like a newly sharpened pencil (or a wet piece of wood, if I may add) and old crayons. I had to sharpen it to lessen the scent and had to top it off with a better smelling lip balm so the scent will no longer trigger my allergic rhinitis and migraine. The first time I tried it, I had migraine, I swear.
- It tastes awful! Another reason why I have to apply another lippy on top of it.
- Dried out my lips even though I applied a lip balm underneath.
- Unfortunately, it did no plumping effect. Though I wasn't expecting it to perform a miracle.
Overall rating: 2.5/5 This isn't for those who have sensitive noses and those who have the tendency to lick their lips on a regular basis or eat their lipsticks.
Will I buy again? For the love of my nose, NO. In as much as I find the shade pretty, I'll spare myself from migraines and rhinitis attacks. I'm better off with Palladio Herbal Lip Slix.
On my lips
Have you tried this lippy?
Happy Friday, super awesome peeps! :P