Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in 8 Pink Coral

Most of my blushes are sheer since I now prefer sheer ones and those that I can build up the intensity of the color. At least, I don't have to worry about ending up looking like a clown when I'm in a rush. I have let go of almost all my pigmented blushes like NARS and MAC and I'm now left with just two pigmented ones - MUFE HD Cream Blush in #6 Quickie and the one I'm reviewing today - Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in 8 Pink Coral.


I decided to get this with my Apothica sponsorship gift card together with CARGO Suede Blush in Montebello and Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact Bronzer in Sun Bunny. I love coral pinks that's why I chose this shade.


What I like:
- A very pretty coral pink shade that has stronger pink tones than coral. It gives a very healthy and natural looking flush on the cheeks.
- The shimmers may look intimidating on the pan but they eventually go away and blend once on the cheeks as if they melted on the skin.
- Staying power is awesome and lasts for at least 4 hours. A little goes a long way too. Just lightly tap the blush brush on the pan and the right amount of color is already picked up. Just apply with a light hand though as it is pigmented.
- Texture is not chalky nor powdery. It is rather finely milled, though not as silky as the other blushes I have.
- Does not break me out. I've been using this more often than I do CARGO Montebello.
- Very compact since it's small and it can easily fit in your purse.
- Locally available at Bobbi Brown counters here in the PH but I've never seen this shade though. (Does anyone happen to know if this is already discontinued?)

What I don't like:
- It only contains 4g of product. But then again, it is pigmented so I'm sure it'll take me a really long time before I hit pan.
- Might be a little pricey for more than Php1k and less than Php1500. Not sure but I'll check.
- It doesn't have a mirror. I'm used to having blushes with mirrors. I don't mind that an applicator isn't included though.


Overal rating: 4.5/5 I love the shade and staying power is great.

Will I buy again? I know I won't need to for the next couple of years but in case I have to, I definitely will.


Swatch (L - blended; R - swatched)

Have you tried this blush or other shades from Bobbi Brown?

Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps! :P

28 comments:

  1. Gosh! another pretty addition to your blush collection..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollie, thank you. I might be on a blush phase once again. And I thought that phase was over. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. pammy!!! this is such a pretty color and kind of reminds me of my nars cactus flower creme blush. *nods

    RYC - why are you clicking food posts when you're hungry? :p i think it only means that you should eat hahaha! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadine, thank you. :)

    Sugar, I actually saw a swatches of bright corals and Cactus Flower and Guerlain Blush G Serie Noire were there with Pink Coral. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blush swatch looks lovely when blended, but i'm not sure if i'll get anything from bobbi brown lol for some reason their packaging doesn't make me feel like buying...XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I actually like the straight to the point packaging but a little cutesy stuff on it won't hurt. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catmare, thanks. Coral pinks are l-o-v-e! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow super nice color I can imagine on cheeks na!! Bongga!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Pammy ...... here is very beautiful!
    I hope your visit
    kisses
    Lu
    http://santosluiz.zip.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ayayay this shade is so pretty! perfect for those cute dolly cheeks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luiz, thank you. Will check out your blog too. :)

    G, the perfect flushed dolly cheeks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have that blush and really love it!
    would love it if you would take a look at my blog and follow it if you like!
    http://juliasstyleutopia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, it's so pretty! Will check it out, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's nice that the pigmentation is great and the staying power too! definitely worth what you paid for i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel, I am really impressed with this blush. It's definitely a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always adoe bobbi brown make up! everytime they have a sale I stock up on them :D this color looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Juliepop, I hope there will be a BB sale here so I can try their other products especially the concealers and correctors. :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim, I'm tamad to do FOTDs and I don't feel like wearing makeup na because of the heat. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ang nice ng pagka pink niya, i loove it! i haven't tried any bobbi brown blush but seeing how it looks like makes me want to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mina, I love the pink-ness in this one too! I think you'll like it. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)