Most of my blushes are sheer since I now prefer sheer ones and those that I can build up the intensity of the color. At least, I don't have to worry about ending up looking like a clown when I'm in a rush. I have let go of almost all my pigmented blushes like NARS and MAC and I'm now left with just two pigmented ones - MUFE HD Cream Blush in #6 Quickie and the one I'm reviewing today - Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in 8 Pink Coral.
I decided to get this with my Apothica sponsorship gift card together with CARGO Suede Blush in Montebello and Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact Bronzer in Sun Bunny. I love coral pinks that's why I chose this shade.
What I like:
- A very pretty coral pink shade that has stronger pink tones than coral. It gives a very healthy and natural looking flush on the cheeks.
- The shimmers may look intimidating on the pan but they eventually go away and blend once on the cheeks as if they melted on the skin.
- Staying power is awesome and lasts for at least 4 hours. A little goes a long way too. Just lightly tap the blush brush on the pan and the right amount of color is already picked up. Just apply with a light hand though as it is pigmented.
- Texture is not chalky nor powdery. It is rather finely milled, though not as silky as the other blushes I have.
- Does not break me out. I've been using this more often than I do CARGO Montebello.
- Very compact since it's small and it can easily fit in your purse.
- Locally available at Bobbi Brown counters here in the PH but I've never seen this shade though. (Does anyone happen to know if this is already discontinued?)
What I don't like:
- It only contains 4g of product. But then again, it is pigmented so I'm sure it'll take me a really long time before I hit pan.
- Might be a little pricey for more than Php1k and less than Php1500. Not sure but I'll check.
- It doesn't have a mirror. I'm used to having blushes with mirrors. I don't mind that an applicator isn't included though.
Overal rating: 4.5/5 I love the shade and staying power is great.
Will I buy again? I know I won't need to for the next couple of years but in case I have to, I definitely will.
Swatch (L - blended; R - swatched)
Have you tried this blush or other shades from Bobbi Brown?
Happy Tuesday, super awesome peeps! :P