Bourjois is one of the drugstore brands that I find really interesting. Rumor has it that it is a sister company of Chanel. It has also been in the makeup and perfumery scene since the 1860's. I've also read somewhere that makeups from both brands are manufactured in the same roof and are almost the same (much like Lancome and L'Oreal as rumored) so I guess that makes this brand worthy of a second look. Their blushes are a few of their most popular products so when I had the chance to own one of those, I did not let that chance pass. And it's time I share my review on a blush - Rose Frisson.
Description taken from the Bourjois website:
LITTLE ROUND POT BLUSH
ULTRA FINE AND EASY TO BLEND POWDER BLUSH
Our timeless blusher has been around for almost 150 years and have made Bourjois famous worldwide thanks to its amazing texture and packaging.
The baked texture transforms when applied to the skin into an ultra-fine pressed powder, which is easy to apply and blends impeccably. One stroke of the brush reveals the irresistible aroma of the rose scented powder.
Its built-in mirror and brush is perfect for touch-ups on the go!
The Little round pot blush exists in 12 shades to match all skin tones.
Learn more about the Little Round Pot and Bourjois history HERE.
For a natural result, smile and apply the blush on your cheekbones with circular movements. Then stretch up to the temples.
If you applied to much, don’t worry; just apply a coat of powder on top of it!
Made in France
What I like:
- The packaging, though very basic, is cute. It also includes a mirror and a brush (which isn't of any good use, as expected from a brush included in the compact).
- Texture is almost the same as my Chanel Joues Contraste - smooth and silky since both are baked blushes.
- A very pretty rosy pink shade that isn't shimmery or glittery. It gives the same kind of glow that I get from Chanel JC.
- Lasting power is pretty good and lasts for at least 4 hours.
- Does not feel chalky.
- Does not look frosty even though it looks that way on the pan.
- Blends very well with the skin and looks natural.
- Never broke out with this blush.
- Has a shelf life of 18 months.
What I don't like:
- Heavily scented which I find overwhelming. The rose scent is definitely stronger than Chanel JCs and even stronger than Guerlain Blush 4 Eclats.
- Only contains 2.5g of product.
- Not locally available.
- Not as cheap as other drugstore blushes.
- The brush, as usual, is useless.
Overall rating: 3.5/5 It is really a nice blush but I find the scent too strong for my liking so this definitely isn't for me. Plus it contains little amount of product considering that these aren't really cheap. But I guess this is the next best thing to a Chanel blush. :)
Will I buy again? No. The scent definitely puts me off. I prefer something unscented or with a subtle scent at the very least. In fact, this blush is already with its new mommy. Scent is really a huge factor for me.
A closer look at the blush
Do you have Bourjois blushes?
Happy Wednesday, everyone! :P