After 4 months of being unable to use this blush I purchased last January, I was able to finally muster up all the courage I can get to use it last May. Yes, it remained unused and untouched for a good 4 months as I didn't have the heart to ruin the design and get all the 4 colours mixed together. But I knew at one point that I have to use it so I finally did and here's my review. :)
The shade is 05 Rose Plein Vent and as you can see, this blush compact contains 9g of gorgeousness in a pan.
What I like:
- It has 4 shades in the pan so you can sort of customize the outcome of the blush on your cheeks. If I want to use them individually, I use my MAC 188 because the bristles are small enough to fit each portion.
- When swirled altogether, it's a golden peach-pink shade that is very sublime. Simply gorgeous!
- The packaging is divine and eye-catching because of the "gold" compact. Very regal.
- Texture is incredibly amazing. Extremely soft and buttery, very finely milled.
- Has very fine shimmers that give the cheeks a nice glow.
- Staying power is considerably decent - at least 4 hours on my cheeks (shorter on really hot days though).
- Does not cause me to break out nor has it caused any allergic reaction.
- The brush that comes with it is useful and quite soft.
- Comes with a protective pouch that protects the compact from accumulating a lot of dust.
- Locally available at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- The compact is a fingerprint and dust magnet and needs cleaning every once in a while so it won't look repulsive.
- The scent is overwhelming! I've always had this problem with Guerlain products.
- Expensive at Php 2450 but I got this during the holiday sale January this year and paid Php 1960 instead after slashing 20% off the retail price.
- Oxidizes a bit on me when I use certain foundations which is a real bummer. :(
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? No, as I'm sure this will definitely last me a really long time and the scent is just more than what my sense of smell can take. But if they make Serie Noire permanent or release something that looks like it or hopefully something prettier, I would probably buy another blush from Guerlain. :)
A closer look
Have you tried Guerlain blushes? How's the scent? :P
Have a great week, everyone. Happy Monday! :)
Coming up: MAC 188 Brush Review