I prefer a short and fuss-free everyday routine when it comes to prepping myself up. That's why I skip primers and rely on moisturizers that also serve as a good makeup base while providing oil control. Luckily, I have found such products in Alba Botanica. This is the second moisturizer I have used (and is currently using) from this brand, the Rainforest Hydrating Oil Control Moisturizer being the first. I liked the latter a lot but to know if I also like this one, please read the rest of this post for my review. :)
Product Description taken from the Alba Botanica website:
Oil Control Lotion with max-strength 2% Salicylic Acid
Signature ingredient: Willow Bark Extract, a natural source of Salicylic Acid, helps treat and prevent acne.
Parsley and Lemon Balm Extracts deeply cleanse and act as a natural oil blotter.
Organic Green Tea Extract helps reduce redness and soothe and calm irritated or inflamed skin.
Product description: Weightless moisturizer helps maintain an all-day matte finish.* This light, oil-control moisturizer naturally treats and helps prevent acne while complexion maintains a shine-free appearance all day*.
Features and benefits: Formulated with maximum strength 2% Salicylic Acid, Natural ACNEdote Oil Control Lotion features a powerfully natural, botanically effective formula that weightlessly hydrates skin as needed but keeps oil at bay for an all-day matte finish*. You’ll see a visibly clearer complexion with skin that’s touchably soft and never tight, dry or greasy.
Who should use this product? For oily or acne-prone skin types.
Directions for use: Apply with a cotton ball to freshly cleansed face morning and evening.
Size: 2 oz / 57 g
What I like:
- Feels cool on the face, a little refreshing too due to its being a bit mentholated.
- Dries to a not so matte finish but helps keep oil at bay. Face won't be matte all day but it works for at least 4 hours without touching up.
- Smells kinds of medicinal and mentholated. I actually like it.
- Does not break me out. No allergic reactions either.
- Keeps my face moisturized, soft, and smooth all day.
- Has a shelf life of 18 months so yes, you can stray a bit. Just don't forget to store it in a cool place or in your fridge, perhaps. :D
- Packaging is hygienic since it's a squeeze out tube which gives you control on the amount of product you can get.
- Locally available at Healthy Options and inexpensive for less than Php 500.
What I don't like:
- Can be a bit greasy especially on really hot days.
- No SPF nor does it offer any sun protection.
Overall rating: 4/5 I recommend this to those who have combination-oily to oily skin who live in places with cooler climates.
Will I buy again? In as much as I like this, I might not for now. I find that water-based moisturizers such as Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, and Celeteque Facial Moisturizer (for an inexpensive one) work better for me both as moisturizers (that hydrates the skin too) and as makeup base.
Have you tried this or any other products from Alba Botanica?
Happy Friday, everyone! :P