I have sleeping problems so I've been battling with dark under eye circles for quite some time now. The eye creams I use are helping but apparently not enough for me to go out without concealing my dark under eye circles. I used UDPP on my under eyes to make my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer last longer but I badly need something to help with the darkness. I saw someone from Girltalk selling Kevin Beautymaker Color Correcting Eyelid Primer and I immediately purchased it after reading reviews online that the product works on the under eyes more than it does on the lids. And it's time to review it.
I like the sleek, black, minimalist compact. Nothing fancy and straight on product that tells you "I'm here to do business and not to be an eye candy."
What I like:
- The packaging is minimalist and very sleek.
- The pale yellow shade really does help in color correction. It does a great job in making my dark circles less visible while brightening that area. It works well as a corrector and sometimes, I use it alone as a concealer too.
- Creamy and applies smoothly. I find it quite easy to blend.
- Opaque and pigmented so a little goes a long way. One tap is enough to cover my dark circles but I guess it depends on how light or dark your under eye circles are. But do not use to much as it will definitely cake.
- Unscented. I was expecting it to smell like chin chun su or the Chinese cream churva but it didn't. :D
- Has a shelf life of 24 months. Let's see how long it takes before I hit pan.
- Does not oxidize on me.
- Has not caused any allergic reactions so far and does not irritate my eyes.
- I have a fine line on each of my under eyes and I find that this does not settle on them once blended properly and has been set with powder. Just do not apply too much as it just might settle.
- Although the brand isn't locally available, this, along with other KBM products can be purchased from local resellers like wehaveit143. I think the products are reasonably priced and I want to try other items too.
What I don't like:
- It fails as an eyelid primer on me since consistency is creamy. It easily creases and oils up.
- Since the shade is a very pale yellow, I am not sure as to how it would work on women of color as it might look ghastly or too white.
Overall rating: 4.25/5 Kevin is indeed a Beautymaker with this product. Let's see if he is on other products when I decide to try others.
Will I buy again? I might. It's not everyday that I find a reasonably priced corrector that works as a concealer too.
Directions on how to use and ingredients list
Left - with KBM; Right - none
Have you tried this product? What other KBM products can your recommend? :)
Happy Sunday, super awesome peeps! Stay safe too. :)