I failed on my first few attempts in using lip & cheek tints. I had a hard time blending the tints on my cheeks and trying my best to not make myself look like Betty Boop. Anyway, when I first had the chance to use a pink tint from Kiko Cosmetics, I realized that maybe red or cherry-colored tints are too harsh for my skin color and that pink tints look more natural on me. I was then lemming for Benefit Posietint when Tish said she'll give me a Posietint mini, which she did when we went to the Lux Asia Sale last April. (Thanks again, Tish! :)) Anyway, here is my review.
What I like:
- A very pretty shade of pink that looks natural (at least on me).
- Intensity of the color can be built up.
- I find this easy to blend as compared to the other tints I have tried.
- Lasts a fairly long time on its own on my combi-oily skin, say, 4-5 hours?
- Has not caused my skin to break out.
- Has a scent that is tolerable, nothing bothersome.
- Locally available online, thanks to re-sellers.
What I don't like:
- You have to be really quick in blending as it tends to dry fast and leave a stain on where you have initially dotted it.
- Pretty expensive for a cheek tint.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes, but I won't buy a full size. I would go for the 4mL travel size since it is a tint and has a shorter life span than powder products.
TIP: When buying online, be extra careful as there are a lot of fake Benefit products especially on eBay. Make sure to check the seller's feedback before bidding or clicking on the Buy-it-Now button. If there is at least a feedback or two stating that the item/s (especially if it is Benefit/makeup in general) is/are fake, be wary. Also, if the price is too good to be true (eg. Php 700 for a brand new with box full size Benefit Posietint/Benetint and you're not sure if the seller is reliable or not, chances are it really is too good to be true.). Still better to add a couple hundreds more and be sure that your item is authentic than go for a cheaper one while there is no guarantee regarding its authenticity.
Have you tried this tint? How do you like it so far?
Sorry for having to "UP" my post/entry. I was adding pages on my blog when I made the silly mistake of doing a post instead of a page. :(
Happy Monday, super awesome peeps! Have a great week ahead of you. :)