If you're the type who does not like wearing heavy makeup but want to even out your skin tone, tinted moisturizers (or even BB creams) are perfect for you. Tinted moisturizers are basically moisturizers with just the right hint of color that provides sheer to very light coverage. There are different brands of TMs (tinted moisturizers) and more and more companies are manufacturing their own version. One of the more popular TMS is the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. As I have mentioned on my previous posts, I now prefer light coverage makeup so when I saw this being sold online, I immediately grabbed the opportunity to get myself one of the most talked about moisturizers. It has mixed reviews but still, I went ahead and purchased it. I have had this review on my drafts for weeks now and I only remembered about it just now. I was hesitant to post this since I no longer have this item with me but I guess it still deserves a review after all.
What I like:
- The shade Nude (the lightest shade, I think) matches my skin tone perfectly.
- Not too thick nor creamy. Consistency is just right for me and I think that's what makes it easy to blend.
- I like squeeze out tube packaging since it gives the control needed when getting product from the tube.
- It has SPF20
- Locally available at Rustan's.
What I don't like:
- Smells funny.
- Oxidized on me.
- Made my face itch every single time I used it back then.
- Awful results when used during hot days. My faced looked really awful on really hot and humid days that I used this but it was okay when the temperature was colder.
- Very sheer to almost non-existent coverage.
- Made my face look greasy after an hour or so.
- Expensive for a tinted moisturizer.
Overall rating: 2/5
Will I buy again? No. The fact that I no longer have it with me means that I do not like this product at all. If I want something super light on my face, I will just use bb cream.
Have you tried this product? If yes, do you like it or not? :)
Merry Christmas to all of you, super awesome peeps! :)