It is imperative that we protect our skin from the harmful rays of the sun. If we don't want our skin to age faster than it should, then we must use sunscreens or sunblocks. I was never really keen on using sunblocks since I thought it was just like an additional task when it comes to primping myself before going out. But after reading a lot of stuff on the Internet as to how the sun damages our skin, I started using products with SPF. Even my trusty ol' Shiseido foundations have SPFs which I thought was enough to protect my facial skin. But it wasn't. I noticed a couple of sun spots or freckles on my cheeks. They may not be too obvious as they are really light but knowing how my skin looks like without makeup, I noticed them. One more reason why I never used sunblocks is that I had this notion that they make your skin look and feel greasy, and being someone with combi-oily skin, that is a big no-no. But I had to wear one so I just chose between aging faster due to sun exposure with my face unprotected or blot more often while having something protecting my skin. I chose the latter. So when I was at Watson's one day, I saw this product - Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock SPF35 - in sachets. I thought that was really smart so consumers get to try their product without having to purchase the full size and money won't go to waste in case they're not happy with what they bought. In other words, I bought one and chose the unscented variant. I have been using it for a week now (or probably a bit longer than that) and I guess it's time I should give this a review.
What I like:
- Unscented. Well, I chose the unscented variant because I am not a huge fan of scented face products.
- Easily absorbed by the skin.
- Dries to a matte finish and does not make my face oilier than the usual.
- Easily blends well on the skin.
- I am quite happy with the SPF level. I do not know a lot about SPF's but I know this is a pretty good level.
- No whitish cast on pictures.
- Although it dries to a matte finish, it does not dry out my skin.
- Non-greasy and non-sticky.
- What made me really happy is that it did not break me out at all! Normally, my skin will have allergic reactions in as early as one day but not with this product.
- A little goes a long way. I only need a pea size amount to cover my face. Plus a little more for my ears and neck.
- Locally available at Watson's and department stores nationwide.
- Inexpensive but effective product. One sachet costs around PHP39 and will last for more than a month (in my case).
What I don't like:
In between: SPF35 may not be enough for those who are exposed to the sun pretty much the whole day like those working on the field.
Overall rating: 5/5
Will I buy again? Yes! But I am off to try another brand but if that does not work for me, I will definitely repurchase this.
On me. (Celeteque Moisturizer, Dermplus Sunblock, Purederm Magic BB Cream, Kryolan Anti Shine Powder, Nivea lip balm)
Happy Saturday, super awesome peeps! :P