A lot of multifunction skin care products are becoming more and more readily available in the market. Since it is of utmost importance that we take care of our skin, having everything we need like moisturizer, sunscreen, and anti-aging products in one tube is so convenient. There is no need to slather on a lot of products on the face, layers after layers, making the skin unable to breathe and making you feel as if you are wearing a mask. So BB creams made its way to consumers who are so much into skin care, though these were originally for those who underwent surgery or other facial procedures that has made the skin raw and vulnerable to the harmful rays of the sun.
I mentioned on my review for Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream that I think BB creams are nothing but mediocre products and are just glorified tinted moisturizers due to my bad experience with Skinfood Mushroom BB cream. But Maybelline made me want to give other BB creams another chance to work their magic on me.
I was checking out BB creams on eBay and looking for reviews about each brand that I encountered along with their different variants when I received an email asking if I would like to try Purederm's latest product in the Philippine Market which is the Purederm 3 in 1 Beauty Magic BB Cream. With all excitement and enthusiasm, I replied with a yes!
So after almost a month, I received a black box with pink ribbons and a Purederm gift tag. When I received it, I felt like I was once again a little girl who was handed a Barbie doll. I almost jumped with joy. :P Anyway, after more than a week of testing, I am finally reviewing this product. I would normally take my time in testing out a product before giving it a review but when I really like something, I would review it the soonest possible time so enough blabbing for me and on to the review.
When I was doing my research on reviews about BB creams, the most common problem I found was the color match. Some BB creams only have one shade and does not fit all skin tones as opposed to the usual claim that one shade fits all. For most Filipinas, having a shade that is warm enough to suit the Filipina skin is a problem. Some are either too light or too dark or does not have enough yellow in it and leans toward the pinkish side more. When I read reviews about this having a shade that will suit Filipina skin tones, I was even more excited and true enough, it has enough warm tones in it.
- Let me start with the packaging. It is in a hot pink tube with a silver cap. I can't get enough of the color. It is pink and really pretty and so girly! :P
- It is really warm toned making it easier to match most Filipina skin tones.
- I was a bit hesitant when I first squeezed out a product from the tube because I thought it would be dark for me. But once I started spreading the cream at the back of my hands, it eventually blended well and adjusted to my skin tone.
- Scent smells like a typical liquid foundation. Thank goodness it doesn't smell like granny make up (once again, apologies to the grannies but I can't help it).
- It has SPF 30 PA++ and blocks both UV B and UV A rays which I find good since I won't be needing to wear sunblock underneath as it would be too much if I apply both.
- It provides light to medium coverage. It helps even out my skin tone though it does not fully cover the redness on some areas of my face.
- It feels light as if I am wearing just a tinted moisturizer.
- Spreads easily and blends well with the skin and it does not oxidize on me.
- Lasts for about 6-8 hours on my skin if I don't sweat a lot especially on more humid days.
- No whitish cast on pictures.
- It did not make me break out!
- It does not dry out my skin and does not emphasize dry patches on my cheeks.
- It makes my skin brighter and does not make my skin oilier than the usual. Of course, I set it with foundation or loose/pressed powder for a somewhat matte finish but when my T-Zone starts to oil up, I get a rather dewy look than an annoying oily and greasy face.
What I don't like:
- Although it claims to be waterproof and sweatproof, I once went out wearing this and it was pretty hot that day. When I got home after 4 hours, there wasn't much left although there are still traces of this product on my skin.
- The consistency is a bit runny. I really hated it when I opened the cap and the product came pouring out from the tube and landed on my bed sheet (and I did not squeeze it at all). It happened a few times now so I make sure my hands are always ready for the catch every time I use this. So I have to be extra careful in using this so it won't make a mess.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes, I will purchase one (since it is available at Watson's and SM department stores for PHP699 if I remember it correctly) when I run out of this and the other BB creams I have.
Close up, set with Kryolan Anti Shine Powder, no concealers at all so you can see my under eyes. :P
By the way, Maybelline together with this one has restored my faith in BB creams. So this is what I have been into lately after my lippies phase.
Thanks to Tiff for sending me this product along with other Purederm stuff. :)
Happy Thursday, super awesome peeps! :P