Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Product Review: ELF Studio Line Mineral Infused Mascara

I love how mascaras instantly open up the eyes. If I were made to choose just one make up product for my eyes, I will definitely go for mascaras. I am done with my mascara phase but having to get rid of them in 3-6 months (depending on the shelf life indicated on the tube itself), I need to purchase one and my latest acquisition is the ELF Studio Line Mineral Infused Mascara. I am getting hooked into ELF Studio products and is kind of becoming my favorite drugstore brand of makeup. Well, time for the review!




 Silicone Brush Perfect for Volumizing and Lengthening (on the box)

What I like:
- Perfect for natural looking lashes. Skip this if you are after dramatic lashes.
- I see the lengthening effect of this mascara.
- I quite like the very simple packaging. Matte black tube with silver label.
- No clumping after 2 coats.
- I did not experience major smudging and no raccoon eyes even after a few hours.
- The size of the brush is just right and reaches even the shortest lashes on the inner corners of the eyes.
- Cheap for only PHP249.75 just like any other Studio Line products.
- Scent is the typical smell of mascaras, nothing rosey like Maybelline The Colossal.
- Locally available at Watson's and leading drugstores nationwide.

What I don't like:
- No volumizing affect as opposed to what it claims to do. 
- Takes a bit longer than other mascaras I have tried to dry.
- Even though the size of the brush is just right, I still end up with mascara smudges on my lids no matter how carefully I try to apply this. I kinda have shaky hands and this isn't good for those with hands like mine.
- My lashes sometimes end up sticking with each other.
- Holds the curls only for about an hour or two max!

Overall rating: 3/5

Will I buy again? No. I will stick to Maybelline The Colossal and/or Covergirl Lashblast. Or I might even consider investing on Clinique Lash Power as I get the same effect from this mascara without weighing my lashes down.

On me

Happy Sunday! :P

5 comments:

  1. Nadine, it's just Nivea lip balm in Pomegranate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think look pretty in your picture! I cant believe it's only lip balm, it's a really pretty pink! Sorry the mascara didn't work out for you. I am still dubious with elf products. I've not used their stuff for about 2 years now. Their eyeshadows did not impress much. I want to try out their studio brush range :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! it seems to always be a hit or miss with ELF products :) I'll have to pass on this too as my short lashes need volume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic, try the studio brushes!! Especially the flat top or the studio powder brush, it's good! :P

    Any, I agree with ELF products being a hit or miss. This is the first Studio line product that is a miss on me. On their regular line, I haven't tried much. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)