After having my faith restored in BB Creams, thanks to Maybelline and Purederm, I decided to try other brands and tested them as well. I know I have already mentioned a couple of times that the reason I did not use any for 2 years is Skinfood Mushroom Multi-Care BB Cream as it gave me such negative results. But being hard headed, I tried another variant from that brand - Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream. I got the lightest shade again which is #1 and I gave myself almost a week (or probably even less) to test it. And here are my thoughts on this product.
Description at the back of the tube:
Containing Peach extract that soothes oily, troubled skin and Sake that controls excessive sebum secretion, this light-textured blemish cream effectively conceals skin impurities and gives a natural coverage for a flawless complexion.
What I like:
- The scent. It smells really good (like peaches), one of those very few scented face products which I can actually tolerate the scent.
- Shade #1 matches my skin tone very well.
- Thick and creamy and applies smoothly on the skin, without the heavy mask-like feel, providing light coverage which can cover minor blemishes (see swatch below)
- It has SPF20 PA++.
- Locally available at Skinfood stores and online resellers (which, by the way sells this for less than half of the store price).
What I don't like:
- It oxidizes on me. It initially matches my skin tone but give it a few minutes to turn dark on me and it will.
- It's supposed to be good for oil control but it makes my skin look not oily but rather greasy and dirty - the same exact experience I had with their Mushroom variant.
- It gave me 3 pimples after using it for less than a week, probably 3-4 days.
- It emphasizes my pores and the dry patches on my skin.
- My face gets red spots looking like mosquito bites that are itchy a couple of minutes upon application.
- The pump is annoying, don't even get me started. Alright, it doesn't give me the control I need when pumping out a product. The first time I pumped it, a little product was wasted as it shot across the room. It wasn't that much though, probably a pea-size that would've been enough to cover the entire face and neck. The amount of product it gives you is inconsistent. I mean I really do not get the point in having a pump in a squeeze out tube.
Overall rating: 2/5
Will I buy again? No. I give up on Skinfood skin care/face products. They just do not work for me even though they work for others.
Have you tried this BB Cream? :)
Happy Tuesday! :P