Recently, I have been into hair care products since my hair was damaged and I needed something that can bring my hair back to life. I found that conditioners alone were not enough since my hair has undergone a lot of battle and was really not in a good state - they were coarse, dry and frizzy. I have been trying a few brands every now and then and found some that I love with all my heart. But still, the curious cat in me wanted to try something else and I will be sharing the latest hair mask I have tried - the Purederm Botanical Choice Shiny & Hydrating Mask.
What I like:
- It has peppermint so it has a really nice cooling effect. *If you have tried Human Heart Nature's Hair Masks, this one is kinda similar to the minty feel, just a little less cooler though.*
- It has jojoba oil that nourishes the hair.
- My hair feels really smooth and soft after it dried.
- This didn't make my scalp itchy.
- The peppermint scent lingered in the bathroom for a few minutes. I went in again after 10 minutes or so and I still smelled the minty scent.
- My hair looks really shiny and does not feel coarse and dry at all. After all, this is recommended for those with dry hair.
- Since I have permed hair, I shouldn't be brushing my hair when it's dry. My hair was still manageable and I can easily comb through it using my fingers.
What I don't like:
- Direction says it should be left for 5-15 minutes depending on your hair (I assume it's how thick or long your hair is). It's not for those who are in a hurry and have long hair.
Overall rating: 4/5
Will I buy again? Yes, I would purchase this on my own since I received this product for review. Though I am still in love with my L'oreal Total Repair Deep Repairing Mask, a minty feel on my head won't hurt every once in a while.
My hair. I wish you can see how shiny my hair looks but I really can't capture it. I promise my hair looks better in real life.
Happy Friday, super awesome peeps! :P