Lip balms help keep our lips moisturized and rescue them from chapping, windburns, and even cold sores that's why I love them. I can't wear any lip product without it underneath. That's how I started liking tinted lip balms. I can get away without wearing any lipstick or lipgloss without looking pale. I just love how it moisturizes lips and adding a hint of color at the same time. My HG is MAC TLC in Gentle Coral but I am out of it so I kept searching for cheaper alternatives. One product was an epic fail and a couple of disappointments too but not with this one - Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Pomegranate.
What I like:
- It moisturizes and helps keep my lips hydrated for hours.
- It looks brick-red but turns to a nice pink tint on the lips and even if the gloss is gone, there is still some color left on the lips.
- It is glossy but not over the top glossy as if I put oil on my lips.
- One tube lasts for about 2-3 months even with daily application (in my case)
- Inexpensive at around PHP89 (less than $2). I forgot the exact price but it isn't over 90 bucks.
- Locally available at department stores and drugstores nationwide.
What I don't like:
- The scent. I find it a little too sweet though it fades after a few minutes. I hope they come up with something tinted but unscented.
- There is some sort of taste in it but I can't describe it. I like my lip products unflavored.
Overall rating: 4/5 - I would've given it a 5 if it weren't for the scent and taste. It does its job well in my opinion.
Will I buy again? Yes!
Me wearing just the lip balm, no other lippies. (I bought the sunflower headband for my niece but i tried it and realized it keeps my bangs from poking my eyes and forehead so I decided to keep it for myself. I look pretty stupid with a big flower on my head but I like it. :P)
And oh, everything inside the black box with the pink ribbon are products I will be reviewing for you all in the next few weeks. :)
Happy Wednesday! :P