Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Product Comparison: The Body Shop Blush Brush and. EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush


I've been using the TBS (The Body Shop) Blush Brush for almost a year now and I have to admit this is a pretty tough brush. I haven't been very careful with this brush as I just tend to throw it inside my bag, on my bed, or on the table after every use. Okay, I wasn't that into brushes yet back then. I didn't know how to take good care of them. So I have used it for powder blushes, mineral blushes and cream blushes and it does a pretty good job of applying my blush. I remember using it a few times in applying my foundation because I was told by the SA that it can be used that way too.

I have bought a couple of other blush brushes- the Blusche Angled blush brush and the MAC 168SE angled brush, but I end up using this one more than those 2. I like that it doesn't feel scratchy even after washing it several times and has been "abused" by the owner.

I never thought of buying a back up for this brush because i knew it'll last me for a very long time. Until I saw the EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush on the Internet. I had wanted it the moment I saw it and read that it is eco-friendly. Plus all the good reviews it had on MUA. So when I finally had the chance to own one, I instantly grabbed the chance and this time, I made sure I'll have a back up.



The EcoTools and the TBS blush brushes.


Both the bristles are soft.
Left: TBS Right: EcoTools
Notice that EcoTools is kinda bigger than that of TBS.







Topview. Left: EcoTools Right: TBS
EcoTools is noticeably thicker and fluffier than TBS.


Sideview. The ferrule of the TBS brush is slimmer than EcoTools'.


Here's what I think of both products based on my very own experience.

The Body Shop Blush Brush

Pros:
- locally available at any The Body Shop store
- can also be used as a foundation brush (based on the SA's reco and my own experience)
- sturdy (even after all the throws I've made)
- has only shed once for almost a year ^_^
-still soft and the shape hasn't changed, well, maybe a little, since I first had it

Cons:
- a little bit pricey for almost 1k
- the ferrule easily gets scratches -subjective
- the label is gone in just a few months - this is very subjective as I didn't take good care of this brush

Will I buy again? Hmmm... Maybe I will. But right now, I am going to try my EcoTools blush brush and take it from there.


And now...


EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush

Pros:
- eco-friendly - nothing can ever beat this!
- the bristles are uber duper super soft
- did not shed when I washed and used it
- has a resealable case
- great quality for such a cheap price

Cons:
- not locally available - major bummer! X_X

NOTE: This isn't a complete pros and cons thingie for the EcoTools brush because i've used it for just a couple of times whereas i've used the TBS brush for almost a year now.

Will I buy again? Yes, but not as of the moment. I still have a back up of this. ^_^

So that's it for now. Ta! ^_^


0 super awesome thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)