Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Product Review: Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream

I purchased the Skinfood Salmon Darkcircle Concealer Cream last week due to the review I read from IAMSUTIL's addictions and I was really intrigued. Since I'm on the graveyard shift, I want my eyes to look well-rested, without that pesky and annoying dark under eyes. I'm happy with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer but I sure can try other products that seem promising.



So I went ahead and got myself one in Shade 1. I decided to get the lighter shade because I am acidic. But then I think I made the wrong decision. It's taking quite a long time to achieve the coverage I want on my under eyes. I had to put 3-4 layers of concealer alone just to cover it up and I set it with powder. That takes a lot of time as compared to the 2 layers of MAC for me.






What I like:
- Not so hard to blend
- It really conceals well and is suited for dark under eyes
- Helps make your eyes look well rested and brightens it up
- Locally available at any Skinfood store and a couple of department stores
- Price isn't so bad at PHP975, considering it contains 10g of product
- Doesn't cake if you apply just the right amount of setting powder
- It doesn't become dry when stored in cool place, unlike MAC Studio Finish that gets a little hard.
- Buildable coverage

What I don't like:
- It's a bit oily and greasy. No, it really is oily and greasy that's why a good setting powder is needed. Otherwise, it'll cake.
- I need to apply 3-4 layers on each under eye to achieve the coverage I need
- It tends to settle on fine lines after a couple of hours

Basically, it is my fault that I had to use more product by choosing the wrong shade and not testing it first before buying it. Now I know better.

Overall, I'd give this product a 4/5. I don't like greasy and oily but it delivers.

And here's something to really show you ladies the difference this concealer made on my under eyes.


I set it with my Kanebo Revue Still Keep powder foundation because I need something light to set it with. It does a pretty good job, eh?

Ta ta! Have a great Sunday, everyone! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it really was able to cover the dark circles.

    Waa! I should start learning how to use concealers. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. though you said its a wrong shade, you were still able to cover the dark circles :) great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golden, I learned how to properly apply concealers last year. It's never too late. :)

    Thanks, Nikki. Though I had to apply like 3 or 4 layers of it which is a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I like this! I need a good undereye concealer. I have my "suki" Skinfood Ebay seller so I will be sure to get this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aileen. I'm sure you'll love this concealer as it does wonders to the under eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)