Check out AVENE Skin Care and other fabulous products at SkinCareRX.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.
Contents of this blog found on other websites without any proper credit or at least linking back here have been reproduced and copied without my consent.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

RECIPE: Barbecued Ribs

I cooked something for today since I woke up early. It's what we had for lunch and what I brought in the office tonight. It's my version of Barbecued Ribs.



What you need:
- spare ribs
- soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- a little sugar or honey (I prefer honey)
- a little butter
- red hot chili peppers :P
- a little ketchup
- a little apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar or plain vinegar will do

And the secret ingredient: COKE

Yes, the ordinary Coke, okay? Not Coke Light not Coke Zero, please.


What to do:
1. Create a mixture:
- Mix the soy sauce, salt & pepper, honey or sugar, a little ketchup and apple cider vinegar altogether. It won't hurt to dip your finger in the mixture to taste. How else would you know how the mixture tastes like if you won't?

2. Chop the red hot chili peppers. I used 2 and added them onto the mixture. Even the seeds, okay? :)

3. Heat pan. I use a non-stick pan so it'll be easier to wash too. And I hate it when the meat sticks to the pan.

4. Melt butter and add the meat.

5. Pour the mixture on the pan. Add COKE and let it cook. The point of letting the meat cook on the mixture is to let the meat absorb the flavor. Wait for 30-minutes to 1 hour.

6. Grill. I used the oven/microwave/griller in one that we have here. 20-30 minutes will do.

7. Check with a knife to see if the meat is already cooked. Gently thrust the knife on the meat to see if tender. And slice a little to taste.

8. Serve and eat.




This is not a really hard meal to cook. Cooking the meat is what takes a long time to finish.

Yum! :P

9 comments:

  1. hehe... my papa uses sprite naman.

    ill recommend coke to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is this distinct taste in Coke that I really like using on meat and chicken. :)

    I use Sprite on tahong. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! I am actually not a meat lover but this dish you posted looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, chicken's okay with it too. Er, it's still meat, right? :P

    I'm planning to post how I cook salmon or cream dori one of these days for fish lovers out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum, yum! Thanks so much for the recipe. I'll try it at home, problem is, I don't know how to use our oven and no one at home knows how to use our oven. Weird, eh? Yeah, it's just in the kitchen for display purposes. Can I cook this over a plain stove kaya? What do you think sis? Thanks! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sis. I'm now writing down the recipe. I'll try it tomorrow on my day off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! ^_^

P.S.
NO SPAM comments, please. You are wasting your time because they won't get published anyway.

Total Pageviews - Thank you, everyone! :)